Estimated Reading Time: <1
A suspected suicide bomber who planned to blow up the Yankari motor park in Bauchi, Bauchi State, has been arrested.
According to a security source, the man attempted to gain entry into the park when the explosives on him were detected by metal detectors.
“The man came very early in the morning, around 6.00 a.m. and was trying to enter. But he was unable to achieve his aim,” the source said.
“Security at the gate detected the bomb and they arrested him. Most of the parks now have metal detectors since Boko Haram has been targeting crowds of people that can usually be found at parks.”
The suspect, described as ‘a grown-up man,’ was later handed over to the police.
- Niger State civil servants threaten hunger strike over pay cut
- Lagos lawmaker, Tunde Braimoh dies from COVID-19 complications
- My house has never been searched by any security agency – Abdusalami Abubakar
- Buhari will on Friday sign the revised 2020 budget into law
- British High Commission to restart visa applications for Nigerians ready to travel to the UK
- Sokoto to construct flyovers with N10.2 billion
- Nigeria’s Vice President wants probe allegation he received N4bn from Ibrahim Magu
- A total of N281 billion has so far been released to the NDDC since 2016 – here’s why the senate declared open an investigation
- Attorney General, member Nasarawa state task force test positive for COVID-19
- Nigeria begin evacuation of another batch of citizens stranded in Europe