Estimated Reading Time: <1
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has admitted defeat in his side pursuit of Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema.
Wenger watched his side struggled to get goals yet again as Liverpool came calling.
It was the fifth time in six games that the Gunners have failed to score at home in the league.
Arsenal have been linked with Benzema all season but Wenger appears to have given up all hopes of getting his main target after the forward committed his future to the Spanish giants.
And Wenger says players under contract are always extremely difficult to recruit: “That story is dead. That story has always been created every week.
When a player has a contract it’s the club that decides.
“Real Madrid have said many times they don’t want to sell him. It’s the same for us when we have a player under contract.”
- Lai Mohammed, “erroneously” amended the NBC Code – Board Chairman
- Nigeria not taking ISIS, Al-Queda warning lightly says DHQ
- Nigeria to reverse US suspension of immigrant visas to passport holders
- UNILAG Senate upholds Professor Ogundipe as VC
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Lai; The most dangerous minister in Buhari’s cabinet
- Multinational Joint Task Force says Boko Haram is now recruiting child soldiers
- Court adjourns trial of Former AGF Mohammed Adoke, Abubakar
- Multiple port charges escalate cargo delay at terminals – NAGAFF
- How my pastor trafficked me to Russia for prostitution; A hair stylist’s harrowing experience highlights Nigeria’s human trafficking problem
- Breaking: NBC fines Nigeria Info FM N5m over Obadiah Mailaifa interview