Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola has broken his silence over media reports which emerged last Saturday, detailing how the Lagos State Government under his watch as Governor, spent the sum of N78 million for the upgrade of the website – www.tundefashola.com.
According to a budget report on the website of the Lagos State Public Procurement Agency (LSPPA), the contract was awarded to Info Access Plus Limited.
Following mixed reactions that trailed the reports, Fashola in a statement on Thursday night, denied the allegation, comparing his accusers with pigs who get “happy” when they get you “dirty.”
Barring any last minute change, since strong rumours emerged that Fashola’s name may have been penciled down to be appointed minister by President Muhammadu Buhari, he has come under scrutiny, including allegations that he fathered a set of twins outside wedlock, left Lagos state in huge debts and played a key role in the emergence of leaders of the National Assembly.
On the issue of extra marital paternity, he said he only adopted three children who were orphaned by the Dana crash of 2012, stating that he went through due process.
He denied any involvement in the national assembly leadership elections, and said all the loans he took as Lagos governor went through due process and they are being repaid.
Fashola however, disclosed that he also met debts when he became governor in 2007 after the eight-year tenure of his predecessor Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.
Read Fashola’s Full Statement below…
- ‘I am not part of the National Consultative Front’ — Agbakoba denies new political movement
- Retirees in Osun protest non-payment of entitlements since 2015
- AfDB panel to review report on Adesina
- Nigeria stock market may end 2020 in red – Uwaleke
- Nigerian Labour Congress rejects new fuel price
- Buhari gives marching orders for revenue drive
- Just In: Ondo Commissioner for Health, Dr Wahab Adegbenro dies
- High Court dismisses suit against Adams Oshiomhole
- Just In: Dubai police extradites ‘Hushpuppi’ & ‘Woodberry’ to the United States
- Persons with malaria and cold advised not to bother going to the airport – here’s why