Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola has broken his silence over media reports which emerged last Saturday, detailing how the Lagos State Government under his watch as Governor, spent the sum of N78 million for the upgrade of the website – www.tundefashola.com.
According to a budget report on the website of the Lagos State Public Procurement Agency (LSPPA), the contract was awarded to Info Access Plus Limited.
Following mixed reactions that trailed the reports, Fashola in a statement on Thursday night, denied the allegation, comparing his accusers with pigs who get “happy” when they get you “dirty.”
Barring any last minute change, since strong rumours emerged that Fashola’s name may have been penciled down to be appointed minister by President Muhammadu Buhari, he has come under scrutiny, including allegations that he fathered a set of twins outside wedlock, left Lagos state in huge debts and played a key role in the emergence of leaders of the National Assembly.
On the issue of extra marital paternity, he said he only adopted three children who were orphaned by the Dana crash of 2012, stating that he went through due process.
He denied any involvement in the national assembly leadership elections, and said all the loans he took as Lagos governor went through due process and they are being repaid.
Fashola however, disclosed that he also met debts when he became governor in 2007 after the eight-year tenure of his predecessor Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.
Read Fashola’s Full Statement below…
- Ibrahim Magu, former acting EFCC Chairman accused of failing to account for 332 real estate properties recovered
- Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami justifies approval to sell five sea vessels holding crude oil and diesel
- Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana denies receiving N28m from Ibrahim Magu
- “My involvement in that political process ended after the elections of 2011” – Sambo Dasuki denies campaigning for President Buhari in 2015
- UK denies Nigerian airline landing permit to evacuate stranded citizens
- Leader of ‘One Million Boys’ shot dead in Ibadan
- Doctors in Lagos State begin warning strike on Monday
- National Theatre handed over to bankers’ committee for renovation
- LASG seals 33 hotels, bars, restaurants, others for violating reopening protocols
- Bollywood Superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Test Positive For COVID-19