Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Director General of State Security Services, Lawal Musa Daura, in a rare chat with Aljazeera TV on Friday, monitored by our correspondent, has assured Nigerians of a more resolute and professional service which will attend to valid reports brought before it without prejudice to anybody.
“Whatever comes before us with facts and figures, it will be dealt with equally as required by the law. Daura said.
Undistracted by the recent campaigns, the DG of Nigeria’s secret police noted that the service will be accountable to the Nigerian citizenry urging them to raise their expectations while affirming that ongoing investigations and clampdown on corrupt persons and saboteurs of the nation’s interests will be sustained.
In the less than 30 minutes chat, Daura who since assumption of office has clamped down on alleged corrupt individuals and organisations added that, “Nigerians should closely watch and follow what we have started and what we will continue to do. I am sure they will not find us wanting.”
The Department of State Security under the new leadership is poised to restore the confidence of citizens in the service, which has an all-encompassing mandate to protect the interest of the Nation.
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid
- Rumours about Ebenezer Obey’s death are wicked and unfounded – Son
- People living with disabilities will be priotised in N-Power – FG
- Kano government to establish state anti-corruption institute
- Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State – dismisses appeal of the PDP for lacking in merit
- Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association tests positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa
- “And just like that, my life has changed forever” – Chimamanda Adichie pens emotional tribute in honour of her late father
- Five persons have lost their lives as boat capsizes along Ikorodu Channel of the Lagos State Waterways
- ‘Irresponsible and cheap politics’ – How Bukola Saraki described APC statement linking him with Hushpuppi