Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Senate today inaugurated four committees that will aid the lawmakers in carrying out our the core assignment of providing quality legislation.
The four committees inaugurated are the Selection Committee, the Rules and Business Committee, the Ethics and Privileges Committee as well as the Ad-hoc Committee on Publicity.
Senate President Bukola Saraki will head the Selection Committee, while the Rules and Business Committee will be headed by Senator Babajide Omoworare representing Osun East Senatorial District.
The Senate Ethics and Privileges Committee has Senator Samuel Anyanwu representing Imo East Senatorial District as Chairman, while the Ad-hoc Committee on Publicity is to be headed by Senator Dino Melaye from Kogi west Senatorial District.
According to a statement by the Senate president, the committees will enable the senate to engage with the public more effectively, as well as organize the senate to deliver on its day to day calendar and maintain the integrity of its legislative activities.
- Cross River primary health care boss decries destruction of health centers
- Nigeria will ensure Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala emerges WTO DG; Federal Government vows
- Lagos Lawmaker says hoodlums hijacked #EndSARS protests because protesters gave them food
- Buhari says Nigeria’s economy too fragile for COVID-19 lockdown
- CBN releases guidelines for N75 billion youth investment fund
- #EndSARS: Did the Nigerian Government kill its citizens and tried to erase all the evidence?
- Former spokesman says Army used blank bullets in Lekki shooting; faults Amnesty International report
- Lagos schools to reopen November 2
- The National Security Adviser says protesters used social media to incite violence
- Niger State Government bans all protests and processions in the state