Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Senate today inaugurated four committees that will aid the lawmakers in carrying out our the core assignment of providing quality legislation.
The four committees inaugurated are the Selection Committee, the Rules and Business Committee, the Ethics and Privileges Committee as well as the Ad-hoc Committee on Publicity.
Senate President Bukola Saraki will head the Selection Committee, while the Rules and Business Committee will be headed by Senator Babajide Omoworare representing Osun East Senatorial District.
The Senate Ethics and Privileges Committee has Senator Samuel Anyanwu representing Imo East Senatorial District as Chairman, while the Ad-hoc Committee on Publicity is to be headed by Senator Dino Melaye from Kogi west Senatorial District.
According to a statement by the Senate president, the committees will enable the senate to engage with the public more effectively, as well as organize the senate to deliver on its day to day calendar and maintain the integrity of its legislative activities.
- Breaking: APC pulls out of ongoing local government polls in Delta
- CBN Introduce incentives to diaspora remittances: Beneficiaries to get N5 for every USD received
- Breaking: In Kaduna, Gunmen storm Federal Airport Authority quarters, abduct staff, family members
- Buhari and Osinbajo get Vaccinated against COVID-19, when will poor Nigerians get theirs?
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo
- Singer, Simi says female entertainers are constantly pitted against each other – she explains the difficulties
- Lagos State Government announces 3 months partial closure of Marine bridge
- WAEC cancels Literature-in English exams; candidates to rewrite papers March 11
- “They took away about 470 cows and cattle” killed 15 persons – Eyewitness accounts after gunmen storm Sokoto