Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari, on Thursday, congratulated Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka of the Adoration Centre in celebration of his 20th year of priesthood.
A statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, the President commended the cleric for what he described as his “extraordinary intrepidity and remarkable patriotism.”
He described Mbaka as a great priest who is not afraid to speak truth, even at the cost of his own life or being hated by those in power.
He said the priest is a remarkable example that religious leaders are the conscience and moral compass of the society.
He said Mbaka rose to the occasion to add his voice in support of good governance and identify with ordinary Nigerians in the face of despair and uncertain future.
“Though honest opinions attract hostility from leaders detached from reality, history would be kind to Father Mbaka for courageously speaking truth to power, even at great risks,” the statement said.
Buhari, who said he was overwhelmed by Mbaka’s sincerity and patriotism, prayed to God to grant the priest more good health, long life and wisdom in the service of humanity.
- We must renounce our tribal identities; I’m Nigerian NOT Igbo
- 13-year-old girl drugged and gang-raped in Kaduna
- World Environment Day: environmentalists stress the importance of nature to humans
- Family of Uwaila Umozuwa, 22-year-old raped and murdered allege death threats
- Court reaffirms INEC powers to deregister political parties
- “Gambari was an Abacha man” – Wole Soyinka says Buhari’s Chief of Staff is part of the structure
- Nigeria records 328 new cases of COVID-19, total number infections now 11, 844
- Miyetti Allah President has said Fulani’s own Nigeria and will rule forever
- Breaking: NNPC raises alarm over contaminated diesel offered across Nigeria
- Going Green; Nigeria and sustainable architecture