Estimated Reading Time: <1
Son of late Col. Muammar Ghaddafi, Saif al-Islam and eight others have been sentenced to death in a Libyan court. Their sentence is in relation to war crimes committed during the 2011 revolution.
They have been facing trial for forcefully suppressing protests during the uprising in Libya. Saif al-Islam was not in court as he is being held hostage by a former rebel group but he gave his evidence via video.
Reports however have it that the sentenced persons will be given the right to appeal.
Photo Credit: UK Telegraph
- Investigation: The Ex-Boko Haram Fighters, eluding detection, start a new life in Kaduna, Kano, and Abuja
- “We are saddened by this dastardly attack” – APC Governors on Babagana Zulum’s Convoy
- Increased tariff: Lai Mohammed says the previous administration created problem in power sector
- Fact Check: A website offers freebies for people to stay home, then invades users’ privacy
- In Kaduna, govt reportedly jettisons report because Zazzau kingmakers are allegedly ‘buying votes’
- Nigeria Labour Congress Insist on strike action
- House of Representatives has waded into the crisis between FG and NLC
- “This is hardly the time to raise taxes” – Vice President Yemi Osinbajo
- APC Lawmaker says water Bill is a Northern agenda to tighten the noose on the South
- European airlines are reducing fares to attract passengers and fill the planes that are still flying