Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari is in the United States of America where he has met with his US counterpart; Barack Obama, Secretary of States; John Kerry and other stakeholders.l While meeting with the US president, the Nigerian leader goofed when he tried to unabbreviate the initials of his party, APC. Instead of ‘All Progressives Congress’, Buhari referred to his party as the “All Nigeria People’s Congress” .
He was probably mixing it up with the now defunct ANPP (All Nigerian People’s Party) which he once represented and which also merged with other parties to form today’s ruling party, APC
Check out the video footage which is courtesy Naij.com‘s Youtube channel. The goof can be noticed around the 33rd second mark.
- President Buhari says “we need a corruption-free public sector to achieve transformation”
- Amaechi left a legacy of white elephant projects says Governor Wike
- N2.67 billion school feeding funds have been diverted to private accounts; ICPC reveals
- President Buhari writes to President Xi Jinping of China
- Court awards N50 million against Senator Abbo for assault
- Nigeria’s vice-President Yemi Osinbajo has said Nigeria may break up if efforts are not made to address the cracks
- Former Delta State Governor Uduaghan returns to PDP
- COVID-19: Lagos government launches N5 billion support capital for private schools
- Proposed PIB scraps NNPC, PPPRA in new bill submitted to the National Assembly
- Alwan Hassan: An Open Letter to the Leaders and the Young People of the APC