Estimated Reading Time: <1
Sultan Sa’ad Abubakar has announced that a new moon has been sighted and therefore declared that Friday as Eid-el-Fitr day.
Reliable reports of moon sighting were received from Muslim leaders and organisations across the country mmm which were duly verified ?authenticated by the National Moon Sighting Committee.
Friday is the 1st day of Shawwal?, 1436AH, which is equivalent to July 16, 2015.
States in which the moon was sighted included Kano, Borno, Kaduna, Niger, Sokoto, Nasarawa, ?Jigawa, Zamfara, Bauchi, Yobe and Kebbi states.
- Borno Governor speaks about ambush of his convoy that left police officers and soldiers dead
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Nigeria at 60- The colonialists never left; they are Nigerian politicians
- Demola Olarewaju joins TStv as Head of Corporate Affairs
- Ondo 2020: INEC says electoral materials will arrive Akure October 5
- Passengers missing as truck plunges into river in Lagos
- Breaking: Nigerian Government to reform ticketing process in response to NewsWireNGR Investigation on Abuja-Kaduna rail
- Breaking: Barely 48 hours after tanker accident, an electronic shop in Lokoja, razed in a midnight fire
- House of Representatives ready for e-parliament, says Speaker Gbajabiamila
- ‘God is not happy with us’ Aisha Buhari asks Nigerians to pray
- Buhari renews appointments of PTDF, PEF, NCDMB chief executives