Estimated Reading Time: <1
Five State Governors including those of Oyo State, Imo State, Edo State and two others will accompany President Muhammadu Buhari to the United States when he meets President Barack Obama in Washington, DC on July 19th, 2015.
According to Sahara Reporters, the five Governors are separate from an 18-man delegation made up of top aides and political associates of the President.
The former Governor of Rivers State Rotimi Amaechi, the former Vice Presidential candidate to Buhari Tunde Bakare, and former member of the House of Representatives Farouk Adamu will be on the Presidential delegation.
In addition to these delegates, President Buhari will bring along top civil servants, representatives from the Office of the National Security Adviser, and representatives from economic policy and foreign affairs think tanks.
The three-day visit is expected to discuss ways of partnering with Nigeria to defeat Boko Haram and explore ways of combating corruption in Nigeria. President Buhari will meet with President Obama on July 20th in the White House.
- Lagos State Government to reverse Land Use Charge
- Female bodies and the illusion of safe spaces in Nigeria
- COVID-19 Update: Nigeria records 348 new cases, total infections exceed 11,000
- TechHerNG begins the re-launching Africa ‘emphasising tech, prioritising progression’ series
- WHO to resume chloroquine coronavirus clinical trials
- APC generated N135m from sale of forms to 6 Governorship aspirants
- FG approves reimbursement of funds expended by States in fixing Federal roads
- Court reinstates five Kano lawmakers suspended for backing dethroned Emir Sanusi
- Lawmakers to amend Labour Act to strengthen NLC
- INEC must provide face masks for voters in Edo and Ondo – Falana