Estimated Reading Time: <1
In recognition of the role of social media in governance, Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal has approved the creation of social media unit to be domiciled in the governor’s office.
A statement by the Governor’s spokesman, Malam Imam Imam, said the new Unit, which is expected to operate closely with the office of the SA on Media and Public Affairs, will enjoy the same privileges as the media crew attached to Government House.
The Unit will coordinate the activities of all pro-government online groups, and will interact, on behalf of the government, with interested persons and groups seeking information about government’s policies and programmes.
While urging those to supervise the running of the unit to be dedicated in the discharge of their responsibilities, the Governor said his administration will widen the avenue of interaction with special groups, especially the youths.
He said adequate training will be organised for the youths to equip them with the latest knowledge in online information management.
“By the creation of this Unit, we hope to engage our youths and also get their inputs in the running of the government.
“Our youths played critical roles during the campaigns to mobilise our people for the task ahead. We want them to do more by offering quality suggestions on their vision for Sokoto State,” the statement added.
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?
- 35 suspected cultists involved in recent killings in Calabar declared wanted
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital Records First Case Of COVID-19
- To mark Eid-El Fitr, Governor Ganduje of Kano frees 294 inmates
- Barely 3 days after it was streamed on Netflix, Living in Bondage tops all Nollywood movies on the streaming service
- In Enugu, Catholic Bishop chased out worshippers without face masks out of church
- We have no money to import food — Buhari begs farmers to increase cultivation
- PDP insists its candidate, Musa Wada, won the Governorship election, heads to appeal court