Estimated Reading Time: <1
The federal government and the 36 states have agreed to share $1.7billion of the $2billion balance in the Excess Crude Account.
After the amount, which is about N391billion,is shared, there will be just about $.3billion remaining in the account which was created to help the two tiers of government save for raining days.
PREMIUM TIMES reports that the Edo state governor, Adams Oshiomole, had told journalists after the National Economic Council (NEC) meeting, last week Tuesday, that following a spate of curious withdrawals from the account by the last administration, only $2billion was left in the account.
President Muhammadu Buhari had recently raised a committee to explore the possibility of sharing revenue from the account after state governments, some of whom are owing months of salaries to the workers, approached him for bailout.
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore
- How I lost my wife, 4 children to Flood – 50-year-old man narrates in new CDD documentary
- Gunmen who invaded Abuja orphanage demand for N30 Million
- Governor Kayode Fayemi, says herdsmen were not asked to vacate Ondo State – blames the media
- Just In: Court orders Kaduna prison to release El-Zakzaky’s wife, Zeenat for COVID treatment
- Police investigate Apostle Suleman for allegedly sleeping with pastor’s wife & threatening his life
- PDP justifies Wike’s N500Million donation to Sokoto State