Estimated Reading Time:
Newly appointed director general of the Department of State Security, Lawal Musa Daura, has demoted Marilyn Ogar, the agency’s former spokesperson, via a memo.
President Muhammadu Buhari had ordered Mr Lawan to demote all those promoted before the exit of President Goodluck Jonathan in the agency..
Apart from demoting Ms. Ogar, the acting DSS director general also directed the demotion of numerous other officers of the agency who were just promoted in March in what was seen as a politically motivated exercise.
Ms. Ogar was seen as a controversial official of the DSS who often made statements that were deemed partisan. Her promotion was viewed as a reward for doing dirty political jobs for former President Goodluck Jonathan and members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Promotions of officers in the DSS are usually done at the end of each year, but Ms. Ogar and 44 others were promoted last March. Even so, their promotion was not made public until May.
Ms. Ogar in addition to her promotion, she was was also offered a scholarship to do a PhD in the UK, according to one source at the agency.
Mr. Daura also fired Abdulrahman Mani, the chief security officer to President Muhammadu Buhari and immediately replaced him with Bashir Abubakar, an assistant director in the Bayelsa State command of the DSS.
Mr. Mani was then posted to Ebonyi State.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by On Buhari's Orders, DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Recalled From 3 Year Study Leave and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.
- PDP Condemns the beheading of farmers in Zabarmari, Borno state by Boko Haram terrorists
- Here’s why Nigerians are to pay N4,000 monthly – Presidency
- Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Yobe, spends at least three days in his state
- Update: 110 civilians were killed by Boko Haram in the attack on a rice field in Borno State
- I’ve realized my mistakes: – Senator representing Borno, Ali Ndume, now knows the value of Ex-President Godluck Jonathan
- Breaking: Nigeria’s national electricity grid has collapsed
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor
- Breaking: Villagers killed in fresh attacks and reprisals in Kaduna
- Explosives detonated at Governor Wike’s father’s Church in Port Harcourt