Estimated Reading Time: <1
Following the defeat of the Peoples Democratic Party in the last general elections, former Senate President, David Mark has off-loaded no fewer than 120 of his personal assistants and domestic workers, including his son and younger brother.
DailyPost gathered that Mark decided to dispose them after his ruling party was ousted from the presidency on March 28. It was indeed a double tragedy for Mark as his party also failed to return to power in his own Benue State.
Mark led the Senate for eight years, a feat no legislator has achieved in the history of Nigeria. The Benue Lawmaker had over 300 personal assistants and domestic workers.
Among his workers were his son, Babatunde Mark and his brother, Igoche Mark. While Igoche was his Personal Assistant (PA), his son, Tunde was his Special Assistant on Special Duties and Interior.
However, things fell apart after PDP was booted out of power and the mantle of leadership was taken away from the retired soldier to Bukola Saraki; hence his decision to cut cost by disengaging some of his workers.
An insider hinted that some of his domestic workers were even been owed for several months before they were sacked.
“What is the essence of keeping them when he is no longer in power? What will an ordinary floor member of the Senate be doing with over 200 workers? The money is no longer coming so he had to cut his coat according to his cloth.
“To tell you how serious it is, his son, Tunde was also affected and his brother, Igoche as well. However, Igoche is still working closely with him”, he hinted.
Asked why he sacked his own son, the source said: “His son, Tunde is not an illiterate. He studied Biochemistry and immunology from the prestigious Kings College, London. He needs to start his own life since his father is no longer in power. He has since flown out of the country following his disengagement”.
- Breaking: APC Chairman resigns in Ondo, joins PDP
- Buhari appoints Mohammed Umar as acting chairman of the EFCC
- President Buhari signs revised N10.8trn 2020 budget into law
- Social Media Bill and Hate Speech Bill – Drop Them Now!
- COVID-19: Nasarawa State cabinet members go on self-isolation
- President Buhari has been fair to the southeast despite low 2015, 2019 votes – Femi Adesina
- Ondo Chief Judge rejects assembly’s request to set up probe panel against Ajayi
- Doctors call for state of emergency on COVID-19 in Kogi, Cross River
- Niger State civil servants threaten hunger strike over pay cut
- Lagos lawmaker, Tunde Braimoh dies from COVID-19 complications