Estimated Reading Time: <1
Crisis rocking the All Progressives Congress, APC appeared to have now sprawled into a full blown war between the governors elected on the party’s platform and the national chairman of the party, Chief John Oyegun with the governors asking him to honorably resign.
The governors who paid a surprised visit to Oyegun at the party’s national secretariat on Tuesday after their meeting with president Mohammadu Buhari were said to have conveyed their demands to the chairman in a closed door meeting they had with him.
The governors who visited Oyegun included Comrade Adams Oshiomhole (Edo), Tanko Al-Makura (Nasarawa), Mallam Nasir El-Rufai (Kaduna), Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola (Osun), Abubakar Sani Bello (Niger) Senator Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo), Atiku Bagudu (Kebbi) and Abubuakar Badaru (Jigawa).
Highly placed party sources revealed that the governors were not happy with Oyegun’s poor handling of the crisis bedeviling APC on the heels of the recent National Assembly elections that enthroned Senator Bukola Saraki and Rep. Yakubu Dogara as senate president and speaker, House of Representatives respectively.
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor