Estimated Reading Time: <1
Crisis rocking the All Progressives Congress, APC appeared to have now sprawled into a full blown war between the governors elected on the party’s platform and the national chairman of the party, Chief John Oyegun with the governors asking him to honorably resign.
The governors who paid a surprised visit to Oyegun at the party’s national secretariat on Tuesday after their meeting with president Mohammadu Buhari were said to have conveyed their demands to the chairman in a closed door meeting they had with him.
The governors who visited Oyegun included Comrade Adams Oshiomhole (Edo), Tanko Al-Makura (Nasarawa), Mallam Nasir El-Rufai (Kaduna), Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola (Osun), Abubakar Sani Bello (Niger) Senator Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo), Atiku Bagudu (Kebbi) and Abubuakar Badaru (Jigawa).
Highly placed party sources revealed that the governors were not happy with Oyegun’s poor handling of the crisis bedeviling APC on the heels of the recent National Assembly elections that enthroned Senator Bukola Saraki and Rep. Yakubu Dogara as senate president and speaker, House of Representatives respectively.
- #EndSARS: Bayelsa Government Inaugurates Judicial Panel Of Inquiry
- Court rejects EFCC’s request for an arrest warrant for Diezani
- Prisoners who escaped from Edo prison rearrested for robbery and attempted murder
- Adamawa State: Police recovers 35 tractors from looted items, arrest over 200 suspects
- Government begins payment of N30,000 grants to 333,000 artisans
- Federal Government approves N2.9 billion for printing of National Examinations’ materials
- Borno Governor approves scholarship for orphans of Civilian JTF killed since 2013
- President Buhari launches 2021 Armed Forces, Remembrance Day emblem and appeal fund
- Returning looted goods may not save you from prosecution -Police say
- Osun Govt begins house-to-house search for stolen items