Estimated Reading Time: <1
A female suicide bomber killed many people and herself in a crowded market in Wagir, Gujba local government area of Yobe state on Tuesday.
Malam Usaini Jibril, a driver who conveyed the injured to Sani Abatcha Hospital, Damaturu told Daily Trust that he counted 10 dead people on the spot and over 30 injured.
“The girl that detonated the bomb was a very small girl of about 1years. We counted 10 dead and over 30 injured,” he said.
He said the bomber struck at about 11am at the Kasuwar Buhunna when the market was at its peak.
- National Theatre handed over to bankers’ committee for renovation
- LASG seals 33 hotels, bars, restaurants, others for violating reopening protocols
- Bollywood Superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Test Positive For COVID-19
- NCDC certifies Kwara for COVID-19 testing
- Magu-Gate: Meet Pastor Emmanuel Omale; Prophet named in alleged money laundering report
- More trouble in Ondo as workers threaten strike over unpaid salary arrears
- Parents, Teachers association to meet with FG over cancelled WAEC
- 356 soldiers in the North-East and other theatres of operations tender resignation letters, citing “loss of interest”
- No testing for Covid-19 in Cross River State on weekends – NMA complains
- Nigeria’s Kamaru Usman retains UFC Belt in dominant win over Masvidal