Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshall Alex Badeh, to remove military roadblocks nationwide.
The president gave the directive today during a four-hour closed- door meeting he held with the service chiefs at the State House in Abuja.
The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Defence, Mr Aliyu Ismaila, disclosed this to State House journalists after the meeting, saying it was in view of the hardships being faced by Nigerians as a result of the roadblocks.
The permanent secretary said the president was briefed on the movement of the military command centre to the north-east.
He said the president had given them hope in the fight against the Boko Haram insurgency.
- Court upturns deregistration of 22 political parties by INEC
- JAMB moves 2020 UTME screening into tertiary institutions to September 7
- Insecurity: Buhari says the government is doing its best but lack of resources has become a problem
- Sharia court in Kano sentences singer to death for blasphemy against Prophet Mohammed
- Hope Uzodimma, governor of Imo state, petitions NJC and attorney-general over the tag “supreme court governor”
- Insecurity: Buhari meets with North-East governors, security chiefs
- Agboola is desperate to be Governor says PDP
- Petroleum tanker drivers begin strike
- Katsina government warns civil servants against “improper use of social media”
- All roads and bridges in Apapa will be completed in October says Sanwo-Olu