Estimated Reading Time: <1
Senator Bukola Saraki, representing Kwara Central has stated that he did not disrespect the Vice President of Nigeria, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, adding that, those peddling false news should desist from doing so.
In a statement signed by his media aide, Bamikole Omishore and titled: “Senator Saraki Has Great Respect For The Person And Office Of His Excellency, Prof Osinbajo, Vive President Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria”, Saraki said he was not served invitation to the meeting.
“The attention of Senator Abubakar Bukola Saraki’s media office has been drawn to a publication by an online tabloid which insinuated that “Senator Saraki Boycotts APC Leadership Meeting To be Chaired by VP Osinbajo,” the statement read.
“We wish to categorically state that up to this very point 10:50pm, 8th of June 2015, senator Abubakar Bukola Saraki is yet to receive any official invitation from His Excellency Professor Yemi Osinbajo, Vice President, Federal Republic of Nigeria or through any other source for any meeting; political, social or otherwise,” the statement noted.
“Understanding the importance of last minute consultation required for the inauguration of the 8th Assembly, Senator Saraki has been attending to meetings with colleagues and friends on the program for the 8th assembly.”
“Senator Saraki having being in public service in different capacity knows the importance of respecting the office and person of the Vice President. And therefore advise those spreading false news to cease and desist.”
“Senator Saraki therefore, uses this opportunity to assure His Excellency, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, Vice President of Federal Republic of Nigeria of his highest regards,” the statement said.
According to online news platform, SaharaReporters, “Senator Saraki boycotted the meeting after reportedly telling party leaders that as a former governor he could not attend a meeting summoned by a ‘mere commissioner’, referring to Professor Yemi Osinbajo, whose previous public office was as Commissioner of Justice in Lagos State. Saraki then became a Senator, while Osinbajo is now the Vice President.”
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English
- President Buhari reconstitutes NNPC board
- We have worked hard for our COVID-19 free status- Cross River Govt