Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Musa Abdullahi
The Police in Borno said five persons died when a suicide bomber attacked an abattoir in Maiduguri on Tuesday.
Mr Aderemi Opadokun, the Commissioner of Police in the State, stated this when he spoke with newsmen in Maiduguri.
Opadokun said the bombing occurred at about 11:30 a.m.
“A suicide bomber, who was shouting “Sai Buhari”, and dancing in the abattoir, detonated Improvised Explosive Device (IED) strapped on his body when people had gathered around him.
“Five people, including himself, died, while eight others sustained injuries,” he said.
Opadokun added that policemen were mobilised to the scene to evacuate the corpses and the convey the injured to thr hospital, adding that investigation into the blast was ongoing.
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom