Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) chairman, Adamu Mu’azu has resigned.
This was sequel to the firestorm that engulfed the top party officials after the March 28 defeat.
His resignation took effect immediately.
Mu’azu in his resignation letter requested his deputy, Uche Secondus to take over as Acting National Chairman in line with PDP’s constitution.
The party’s National Working Committee (NWC) is currently meeting on the development.
Also , it was reliably gathered that President Goodluck Jonathan has asked the chairman of PDP Board of Trustees (BoT), Chief Anthony Anenih to resign his office as the BOT chairman.
But it is not known whether Anenih has accepted to resign or not.
- Breaking: Nasarawa State Governor’s father hospitalised, governor’s residence, palace decontaminated
- Breaking: Video shows possible gory details of Policemen killed in Kogi bank robbery
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists