Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, on Sunday said his new wife, Lara, was not a model. He said he would rather described his new wife as “a model in my heart.”
Oshiomhole, who made this known at a special thanksgiving mass held at the Immaculate Conception Cathedral in Auchi in honour of the new couple, added that Lara was not a replacement for his late wife, Clara.
The mass was attended by the governor’s children – Steve, Jane and Adams (Jnr.); the parents of his wife, Mr. and Mrs. Jesus Fortes, as well as other dignitaries.
PUNCH Newspaper reports that the governor also debunked media reports that his new wife “is a top model,” a speculation he said might have been generated because of her “poise and beauty.”
“When I read newspaper stories and they say that Comrade has married a ‘top model’ I’m like maybe it’s another person.
The lady that God has directed to my path and heart to marry is not and was not a model. Of course, she looks beautiful and I understand that is why people assume that this kind of a lady must be a model but of course, she is a model in my heart and we hope and pray that we will be models in the heart of our God and I think that is the most important thing.
I ask you to please continue to pray for us. It is not easy. I lost my first wife and it is not possible to replace her. Yes, I have married another but it is not a replacement. You cannot replace a wife especially one you married when you were young and you were anonymous. Nobody knew you from anywhere, you had nothing, no car, no house; now, that you can never replace. But I understand that under the Catholic doctrine I am entitled to have another wife which is what I am trying to do.
Thank you for your prayers, support and blessings that you have always showered on me and the one you conveyed this morning on me and my new wife and we ask for more and more prayers that this marriage will be my last and that God will help us, to unite us and bond us together with the blood of Jesus”, he said.
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%