Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Musa Abdullahi
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan will leave Abuja tomorrow to attend the 47th Ordinary Session of the ECOWAS Authority of Heads of State and Government holding in Accra, Ghana.
The summit, which coincides with the 40th anniversary of ECOWAS, will receive reports on the current situation in Burkina Faso and Guinea Bissau and deliberate on issues of democratic consolidation and regional peace and stability.
President Jonathan will be accompanied by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Aminu Wali; House of Representatives Majority Leader, Hon. Mulikat Akande and some of his principal aides.
He is expected back in Abuja at the conclusion of the one-day summit.
- Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State – dismisses appeal of the PDP for lacking in merit
- Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association tests positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa
- “And just like that, my life has changed forever” – Chimamanda Adichie pens emotional tribute in honour of her late father
- Five persons have lost their lives as boat capsizes along Ikorodu Channel of the Lagos State Waterways
- ‘Irresponsible and cheap politics’ – How Bukola Saraki described APC statement linking him with Hushpuppi
- APC wants security agencies to probe reports linking suspected cybercriminal, Hushpuppi to top-ranking PDP members
- Just In: Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has tested negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, tests Positive for COVID-19
- Governor Akeredolu rejects the idea of handing over power to deputy governor
- Eunice Ortom, wife of Benue State governor, her son and some of her staff have tested positive for COVID-19