Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Musa Abdullahi
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan will leave Abuja tomorrow to attend the 47th Ordinary Session of the ECOWAS Authority of Heads of State and Government holding in Accra, Ghana.
The summit, which coincides with the 40th anniversary of ECOWAS, will receive reports on the current situation in Burkina Faso and Guinea Bissau and deliberate on issues of democratic consolidation and regional peace and stability.
President Jonathan will be accompanied by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Aminu Wali; House of Representatives Majority Leader, Hon. Mulikat Akande and some of his principal aides.
He is expected back in Abuja at the conclusion of the one-day summit.
- In Kaduna, govt reportedly jettisons report because Zazzau kingmakers are allegedly ‘buying votes’
- Nigeria Labour Congress Insist on strike action
- House of Representatives has waded into the crisis between FG and NLC
- “This is hardly the time to raise taxes” – Vice President Yemi Osinbajo
- APC Lawmaker says water Bill is a Northern agenda to tighten the noose on the South
- European airlines are reducing fares to attract passengers and fill the planes that are still flying
- “An orchestrated sabotage” – How President Buhari described attack on Borno Governor that left scores dead
- Borno Governor speaks about ambush of his convoy that left police officers and soldiers dead
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Nigeria at 60- The colonialists never left; they are Nigerian politicians
- Demola Olarewaju joins TStv as Head of Corporate Affairs