Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Deji Abiodun
The Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase has assured people of Ekiti of a rapid response to the spate of kidnapping in the State.
Arase while playing host to the Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose in his office, promised to deploy a special team in the duo of Ekiti and Kogi states within the next 48 hours to curb the stem.
According to Mr Idowu Adelusi, Chief Press Secretary, the IGP who noted that the police will do everything within her power to ensure that all states of the Federation are rid of people with criminal tendencies, assured the governor that Ekiti State will soon become safe for economic activities.
Earlier, the governor who congratulated the IG on his well deserved elevation noted that he was at the Police Headquarters to intimate the IG on the state of security in Ekiti.
He said the dimension of kidnapping in the state was strange, noting that about 8 people have been kidnapped in the last 3 weeks.
He therefore appealed to the IG to deploy experts especially from the headquarters to the state to nip the menace in the bud, saying people were becoming agitated and the government is very much concerned.
Addressing the Press, the governor expressed his readiness to continue to create an enabling environment for the police to thrive in checking
crimes in the state.
He said all hands must be on deck irrespective of party affiliations, to ensure a peaceful Ekiti where all and sundry could sleep with their two eyes closed.
- Planned protest by the Trade Union Congress, ill-advised – Presidency
- “COVID-19 pandemic responsible for sack of pilots” – Air Peace Management confirms NewsWireNGR Exclusive story
- “We are appalled by the worsening security situation” – Nigerian Governors break silence in a letter to President Buhari
- Opinion: The price of under-policing in Nigeria
- Candidate in the NBA elections, Dele Adesina, seeks election cancellation
- Just In: Ekiti workers suspend warning strike
- ‘Oshiomhole seeking the third term as a governor’ by proxy – Edo State Deputy Governor
- Oyewole Michael: One year after, will Dadiyata ever be found?
- NDDC Management denies fresh corruption allegations in new statement
- Lagos Chamber of Commerce says NIPOST guidelines must be removed