Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Zenith Oduah
Renown artist, Onyeka Onwenu, has dismissed as false reports that she had a shouting match with Nollywood actress, Patience Ozokwor, for allegedly having access to the Presidential Villa without reverting to her.
In a statement made available to Vanguard, Onwenu, who is the Director General of the National Centre for Women Development, described the report as a lie from the pit of hell, adding that she had never had a spat with Ozokwor.
In the statement signed by her Special Assistant, Lami Makoji-Ojo, Onyeka said she was shocked and disappointed by the false report, ostensibly planted to damage her hard-earned reputation.
“Let it be placed on record that the said story is false in its entirety. It is obviously a figment of the sponsor’s depraved imagination, as Lady Onyeka Onwenu does not control access to Aso Rock, nor was involved with the disbursement of funds to any group,” she said.
“Mrs. Onyeka was never in a meeting with Patience Ozokwor or any artist for that matter and was never involved in a quarrel or fight with anyone, the statement said.
The alleged quarrel between the two actresses is said to be over the control of the disbursement of President Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign funds, a development , which Ozokwor has also denied.
In a separate statement, Ozokwor said there was no truth in the said report which said she was involved in a fight with Onwenu.
Ozokwor said, “I really do not know why people write what they can’t investigate. Ms. Onyeka Onwenu and I do not have any issues. I have never been to her office before and she has never been to mine.
- Planned protest by the Trade Union Congress, ill-advised – Presidency
- “COVID-19 pandemic responsible for sack of pilots” – Air Peace Management confirms NewsWireNGR Exclusive story
- “We are appalled by the worsening security situation” – Nigerian Governors break silence in a letter to President Buhari
- Opinion: The price of under-policing in Nigeria
- Candidate in the NBA elections, Dele Adesina, seeks election cancellation
- Just In: Ekiti workers suspend warning strike
- ‘Oshiomhole seeking the third term as a governor’ by proxy – Edo State Deputy Governor
- Oyewole Michael: One year after, will Dadiyata ever be found?
- NDDC Management denies fresh corruption allegations in new statement
- Lagos Chamber of Commerce says NIPOST guidelines must be removed