Estimated Reading Time: <1
An unconfirmed number of terrorists died on Saturday as 10 additional camps used by terrorists were overran in the continuing offensive operations against the terrorists in Sambisa forest. The Dure camp which is one of the most prominent camps in the forest witnessed the fiercest battle as the Special Forces descended heavily on it before it finally fell.
Four of the camps were located in a place called Iza within the forest while three others were noted to be recently established by the terrorists before the assault began. One soldier died from one of the land mine encountered in the operation while two others were also wounded.
The terrorists lost a number of vehicles mounted with Anti-Aircraft Guns as well as armoured vehicles. Some of the terrorists who escaped from the camps also died as they ran into troops ambush in some escape routes from the forest.
Meanwhile, some of the fleeing terrorists have also engaged in suicide missions at Bitta where they encountered the Nigerian troops and Kiskeru across the border in Niger Republic.
The Operation to clear the terrorists in Sambisa and other forests is continuing as troops in all fronts have been alerted to be on the look out for fleeing terrorists. The Nigerian Air force is maintaining an active air surveillance to track the movement of terrorists for appropriate action as the operation continues.
Major General Chris OLUKOLADE
Director Defence Information
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami