Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Deji Abiodun
The Church of Nigeria(Anglican Communion) today held a special thanksgiving and farewell service in honour of President Goodluck Jonathan and his wife Dame Patience Jonathan.
First Lady, Mrs Patience Jonathan resurfaces after 5-week absence from public view..
The farewell service, which was attended by the First Family’s friends and well-wishers, held at the Cathedral Church of Advent Life Camp Gwarimpa, Abuja.
In his message to Nigerians after the service, President Goodluck Jonathan said God’s favour made him attained the political positions he held in Nigeria and that he is happy to exit fulfilled.
He further said the decision to concede defeat was not an easy one but that there was no reason why anybody should shed blood because of his political ambition.
The president prayed for the success of the incoming administration and pledged that as long as he lives he will continue to do his best for peace to reign in the country..
See photos below….
To pitch for editorials, Opinion and Exclusive gists, send to email@example.com, we will follow up on the story……
- NBC asks DSS to arrest operators of Radio Biafra
- Police in Sokoto confirms terrorists killed 12 persons In Illela
- A splinter Boko Haram group, regrouping in my state – Nasarawa Governor Raises Alarm
- Terrorists that attacked in Kaduna are from neighbouring states – Commissioner
- Ondo Government bans NURTW, RTEAN activities in the state
- Lagos shuts down Cubana nightclub, arrests 172 COVID-19 violators
- Breaking: Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State and convoy involved in an accident
- Fearing terrorist attack, Yobe State Government closes all boarding schools
- Food items will not be transported to southwest until Fulanis are safe – Miyetti Allah
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Food blockade of south by north