Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Musa Abdullahi
The Senator-elect for Kaduna Central, Mr Shehu Sani, has called on the President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, to scrap the ongoing amnesty programme for ex-militants when sworn into office.
Speaking during a courtesy call to Arewa House in Kaduna on Tuesday, Sani described the entire amnesty programme as a sham and urged the incoming President to probe the operations of the Amnesty programme.
According to him, the amnesty programme ought to be a temporary gesture and not a permanent thing which, he said, some persons have turned into a conduit pipe to drain the nation’s wealth.
The senator-elect wondered why the amnesty programme should be continuous and only meant for youths from a particular ethnic nationality while their counterparts from other regions are left out.
The senator-elect also accused President Jonathan’s administration of skewing development to the South-South alone while neglecting the North and South-West regions.
On the back of this, he called on General Buhari not to repeat “the mistake” of the outgoing government, but to ensure he carries all parts of the country along in his government.
- Sell petrol at old rate until PPPRA gives directive, IPMAN tells members
- #Revolutionow protesters in Osun may be locked up for 14 days as DSS obtains detention order
- Governor Seyi Makinde approves N59.7 Million for Amotekun
- Nigeria, along with other ILO Member countries, ratify convention on child labour
- Health workers in Bauchi to begin strike on Thursday
- Association of aircraft pilots and engineers threaten to shut down all airlines over sacked pilots
- Arrested #RevolutionNow protesters released; they violated COVID-19 protocols says FCTA
- Edo Elections: Deputy governor accuses Oshiomhole of N80 million bribe to lawmakers
- Edo State Deputy Speaker impeached
- Kaduna state government is not aware of any land grabbing incidents says Governor El-Rufai