Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Chris Nomjov
Golf legend, Tiger Woods and Skier, Lindsey Vonn have ended their three-years relationship, amicably.
Lindsey, who recently revealed that she was ‘privileged’ to be with Wood’s family and was with the golfer, at the Masters Tournament in Augusta, in April; announced the split in a statement:
“After nearly three years together, Tiger and I have mutually decided to end our relationship,” Vonn, 30, wrote in a Facebook post on Sunday.
“I will always cherish the memories that we’ve created together. Unfortunately, we both lead incredibly hectic lives that force us to spend a majority of our time apart.
“I will always admire and respect Tiger. He and his beautiful family will always hold a special place in my heart.”
Arguably the greatest golfer, Woods, 39, had nice words about Lindsey on his website, adding, “She has been amazing with Sam and Charlie and my entire family.”
A little over two weeks ago, Vonn revealed that she felt “privileged” to spend time with Woods and his family, which includes daughter Sam, 7, and son Charlie, 6, from his previous marriage to Elin Nordegren.
Both athletes started dating two years after Woods publicised split from his wife of four years, Elin in 2010. Woods split with Elin over issues of infidelity and she got a large alimony from the divorce. The split has seen him fail to get back to his best, in golf.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami