Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Chris Nomjov
The Defence Headquarters reports that soldiers of the Nigerian Army have arrested a man, who, it believes, supplies food, fuel and other necessities to terror group, Boko Haram in its enclaves in the North Eastern part of the country.
The yet to be identified man who specialises in supplying fuel and food to terrorists was apprehended yesterday morning in Daban What a, within the suburbs of Bags, Borno State . The military intelligence had been trailing him till he was eventually trapped in the early hours of Sunday. He is presently undergoing interrogation.
In another development, troops on patrol yesterday, located 260 women and children in the outskirts of Chalawa village in Adamawa state, where they had been held up, trying to escape from terrorists. They have now been conveyed back to their various communities in Madagali, after undergoing the normal security profiling.
Some of them disclosed that they had to abandon their homes to escape from the terrorists when Madagali came under attack, while others were actually abducted. Thankfully, the terrorists were sacked from the Madagali recently.
A good number of terrorists died in an encounter twith troops; who caught up with them as they fled prior to the recovery of the women and children. Some of the terrorists still managed to escape with varying degrees of gun shot wounds. Others who were captured are now being interrogated by intelligence officers.
Among the items recovered were, A machine gun, some rounds of ammunition, as well as some motorcycles and bicycles were also captured from the terrorists. A member of the vigilante group serving as ?uide to the troops was however wounded.
Meanwhile, the offensive against Boko Haram in Sambisa forest continues, as troops are methodically searching every aspect of the expansive terrain.
- #EndSARS: Bayelsa Government Inaugurates Judicial Panel Of Inquiry
- Court rejects EFCC’s request for an arrest warrant for Diezani
- Prisoners who escaped from Edo prison rearrested for robbery and attempted murder
- Adamawa State: Police recovers 35 tractors from looted items, arrest over 200 suspects
- Government begins payment of N30,000 grants to 333,000 artisans
- Federal Government approves N2.9 billion for printing of National Examinations’ materials
- Borno Governor approves scholarship for orphans of Civilian JTF killed since 2013
- President Buhari launches 2021 Armed Forces, Remembrance Day emblem and appeal fund
- Returning looted goods may not save you from prosecution -Police say
- Osun Govt begins house-to-house search for stolen items