Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Musa Abdullahi
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has relieved the Executive Secretary/Chief Executive Officer of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), Dr. Femi Thomas of his appointment with immediate effect.
Dr Reuben Abati, Special Assistant to the President, Media & Publicity in a statement issued Monday to NewsWireNGR said, ‘The President has also approved the appointment of Mr. Olufemi A. Akingbade as Acting Executive Secretary/Chief Executive Officer of the NHIS.”
Mr. Akingbade who hails from Ekiti State and holds a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science as well as a Masters in Business Administration was the General Manager, ICT in the NHIS until his new appointment.
President Jonathan has also approved the confirmation of Mr. Mounir Haliru Gwarzo as Director-General of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Mr. Gwarzo who has been acting as Director-General of the Commission, was appointed to the Board of the Securities and Exchange Commission as Executive Commissioner in January, 2013.
The President has also approved the appointment of the former Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi as Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- For allegedly confiscating N284.5m, Nasarawa State Assembly demands sack of SSG
- NCAA announce a number of airports where domestic flights will resume Operations in Nigeria
- Churches and Mosques remain closed in Lagos
- Again, blackout in Nigeria as national electricity grid collapse
- Nigerian senate raises crude oil benchmark to $28 per barrel
- Updated: Nigeria will work to ensure Adesina’s re-election – Buhari
- National Assembly approves Buhari’s $28.2 billion loan
- #JUSTICE4UWA: Senators want stiffer penalties for rapists and more protection for the girl child
- Breaking: Court orders Orji Kalu’s release
- Police arrests suspect linked to the rape and murder of Ms Vera Uwa