Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Abang Veronica
Reports reaching NewsWireNGR has it that one person has been feared dead as youths of the Peoples Democratic Party and the All Progressives Congress clashed at Anyigba Okura constituency of Dekina Local Government Area of Kogi State.
The clash occurred during the supplementary election in some wards and polling units across six LGAs of Kogi State.
Young Mr Ibrahim Oyibo, 26, was said to have died while several others sustained varying degrees of gunshot wounds during the confrontation.
The candidate of the PDP in Anyigba Okura constituency, Alhassan Ogwu, said Oyibo was his cousin.
According to him the young man was with him in the house when gunmen on motorcycles, numbering about 10, stormed his residence.
He alleged that they shot sporadically at his residence for a long time and later shot Oyibo dead on the spot.
He added that riot policemen on patrol later dislodged the assailants.
Mr. John Makolo, the media officer to the APC candidate, Abdullahi Bewa, said he was unaware of the attack.
He challenged Ogwu to identify the attackers, saying if the attack occurred, Ogwu should be able to name Oyibo’s killers.
“My principal is very busy with the election and will not be ready to trade words with Ogwu. He should stop crying foul when there is none,” he said.
The Kogi State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Shola Adebayo, in his statement confirmed the incident.
He stated, “I can comfirm the incident. No arrest has been made, but investigation has commenced.”
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English
- President Buhari reconstitutes NNPC board
- We have worked hard for our COVID-19 free status- Cross River Govt