Estimated Reading Time: <1
Anambra State Governor, Mr Willie Obiano, on Tuesday said the recent in- road and victories recorded by the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) during the general elections has positioned it as the next opposition party in Nigeria.
Channels Television reports that Mr Obiano made the statement when House of Representatives members-elect from the state and Taraba State paid him a courtesy call at the Governor’s Lodge, Amawbia.
Introducing the winning members to the governor, the National Chairman of APGA, Victor Umeh, also announced the victory of APGA House of Assembly candidates in Taraba and Bayelsa states.
The National Chairman of APGA introduced the members-elect to the governor, beginning with the candidate from Taraba State, Mr. Isaac Usman Danjuma, who won Wukari/Ibi Federal Constituency.
Also receiving congratulations from the Governor were Gabriel Onyenwife and Peter Mmadubueze, members elect from Oyi/Ayamelum and Anambra East and West Federal Constituencies respectively.
While the National Chairman assured the governor of victory in the upcoming Abia State supplementary election next Saturday, the governor declared APGA as the next opposition political party in Nigeria.
The members elect, however, made reassuring speeches of ensuring good representation to the people when sittings begin.
- Churches and Mosques remain closed in Lagos
- Again, blackout in Nigeria as national electricity grid collapse
- Nigerian senate raises crude oil benchmark to $28 per barrel
- Updated: Nigeria will work to ensure Adesina’s re-election – Buhari
- National Assembly approves Buhari’s $28.2 billion loan
- #JUSTICE4UWA: Senators want stiffer penalties for rapists and more protection for the girl child
- Breaking: Court orders Orji Kalu’s release
- Police arrests suspect linked to the rape and murder of Ms Vera Uwa
- Breaking: Reps reject motion to suspend 7.5% VAT
- Just In: Senator Munir Adekunle Muse is dead