Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Chukwu Obi
Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) has again called on the United Nations (UN) to pass a resolution recognising the South- East of Nigeria as a State of Biafra.
This, the organization said, would be in conformity with the recognition given the territory in the late 60s by some countries during her struggle for self-determination.
National Assistant Director of Information of the movement, Sunday Okereafor, in a statement, said the out come of the 2015 general elections in the country was nothing but a repeat of the 1960s in which two of the three major blocs in the country conspired against the South-East, culminating in the civil war that claimed the lives of many Igbo.
He stated that with the present political marriage between the North and South- West, Ndigbo had no place in the political arrangement of today’s Nigeria, emphasising that in the present circumstance, it would be expedient for the UN to recognize Biafra as a sovereign state.
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai
- Manager of Demolished Prodest Hotel Among 27 New COVID-19 Cases In Rivers
- All I Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?
- 35 suspected cultists involved in recent killings in Calabar declared wanted