Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Chukwu Obi
Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) has again called on the United Nations (UN) to pass a resolution recognising the South- East of Nigeria as a State of Biafra.
This, the organization said, would be in conformity with the recognition given the territory in the late 60s by some countries during her struggle for self-determination.
National Assistant Director of Information of the movement, Sunday Okereafor, in a statement, said the out come of the 2015 general elections in the country was nothing but a repeat of the 1960s in which two of the three major blocs in the country conspired against the South-East, culminating in the civil war that claimed the lives of many Igbo.
He stated that with the present political marriage between the North and South- West, Ndigbo had no place in the political arrangement of today’s Nigeria, emphasising that in the present circumstance, it would be expedient for the UN to recognize Biafra as a sovereign state.
- Udo Jude Ilo: Making the best of the Public Anger on Sexual and Gender-Based Violence
- Edo Elections: PDP picks Nyesom Wike as campaign chairman
- Governor Abdulrazaq reshuffles cabinet
- LASG announces partial reopening of schools
- Kogi Governor appoints acting Chief Judge
- Bauchi Governor suspends Emir of Misau
- APC plans to use Ganduje, Yahyah Bello and Uzodinma to derail Edo election – PDP
- Stamp duty will now be paid on house rent and C of O – FIRS
- No differences to sort out in APC, says Tinubu
- EFCC arraigns Malabu Oil, six others over $1 billion fraud