Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Zenith Oduah
Kano Pillars Football Club on Sunday defeated visiting Enyimba International FC of Aba 1-0 in a Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) week four match.
Moses Ekpai scored the only goal in the 43rd minute from a solo effort in the match played at the Sani Abacha Stadium in Kano.
Speaking during the post-match conference, the Kano Pillars’ Head Coach, Okey Emordi, expressed delight at his team’s style of play. He however acknowledged that his players wasted many goal scoring opportunities.
“It was a good match. Both teams played very well. But we (Pillars) had several chances, and we failed to convert them. “It is a game we contested very well. It was a game of the two top teams in the league.”
Also speaking, Enyimba’s Head Coach, Kadiri Ikhana, said his team prepared very well for the encounter. “The match was a classic between two good sides.”
- Breaking: After agitations for his resignation, Sheikh Isa Pantami forced to renounce comments on Al Qaeda, Taliban
- ‘Dr Muazu Babangida Aliyu Lied,’ – Jonah Jang says Northern governors didn’t work against Jonathan
- Uber, Bolt drivers in Lagos threaten to begin strike on Monday
- Photos: Royal Funeral for Prince Philip as he’s laid to rest at Windsor Castle
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results