Estimated Reading Time: <1
The All Progressives Congress, APC gubernatorial candidate, Barr. Simon Lalong has won the Plateau State gubernatorial seat as he polled a total of 564, 913 to defeat his Peoples Democratic Party, PDP counterpart, Sen. Gyang Pwajok who scored 520, 627 votes.
The results which was announced in the early hours of Monday after the initial delays in turning up of election results from the 17 local government was received with joy as supporters of the APC trooped out to celebrate the victory with drums and songs.
More details on the breakdown of the results from the various Local Government areas to follow..
- 2 years after, judge throws out case against 57 Lagos men accused of homosexuality
- #EndSARS Protest: Finding a Pathway to Sustainable Peace and Development
- Supreme Court struck out a suit over disputed Soku oilfield – here’s why
- Breaking: Lagos govt approves reopening of markets across the state
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Does the FCT have a minister?
- Breaking: Long queues of petrol return to filling stations in Abuja
- Breaking: Hoodlums are currently looting the NYSC office in Abuja
- “So-called #EndSARS is politically motivated” – says Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello
- Buhari’s Speech after the Lekki Gate Massacre is straight out of the authoritarian playbook
- Fact Check: Was Governor Wike really inspecting COVID-19 palliatives to prevent looting?