Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Deji Abiodun
Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Barr Nyesom Wike has been declared winner of last Saturday’s governorship election in Rivers state, polling a total of 1,029,102 votes amounting to 87.77 percent to beat Dr Dakuku Peterside of the All Progressives Congress, APC who had 124,896 votes amounting to 10.65 percent to come a distant second.
The Returning Officer, Prof Faraday Oruwense announced the results at the Rivers state office of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC in Port Harcourt in the early hours of Monday, saying that Prince Tonye Princewill of the Labour Party (LP), polled 10,142 (0.86 per cent) to come third.
- There is no big deal in Super Eagles travelling to Benin Republic by boat – NFF President
- COVID-19: Edo State confirms receipt of vaccines from Federal Government
- Federal Government should hire mercenaries to end insurgency – Borno Governor
- Cattle and Foodstuff Dealers Association decide to end blockade
- Gunmen storm Sokoto Commissioner’s house; kidnap family members
- Foodstuff, Cattle dealers insist strike will continue
- Oyo State will not provide free land for private ranching – Seyi Makinde
- Federal Government extends tenure of network operators on NIN/SIM registration
- 2.3 million Nigerians register for COVID-19 vaccine in less than 24 hours – NPHCDA
- Terrorists abduct over 50 in Niger State