Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Deji Abiodun
The All Progressives Congress in Akwa Ibom State has announced the boycott of the governorship and state House of Assembly elections in the state.
The decision by th party to call for the boycott and cancellation of the elections followed a reported widespread hijack of electoral materials by thugs and armed men.
The APC governorship candidate in the state, Mr. Umana Umana, said out of 1,571 registered voters, only 450 ballot papers were sent to his polling unit.
Meanwhile, at a polling unit in Akwa Ibom state, fierce-looking armed thugs were said to have stormed the place, carting away election materials.
The voters reportedly scampered for safety in fear of being shot. (Pictured voter shot in Uyo)
- Northern Elders Forum says Nigerians have lost faith in the Federal Government
- Governor Ganduje has sacked Salihu Tanko Yakasai
- Police arrest Ogun deputy speaker for alleged assault
- Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele says the naira has depreciated
- Breaking: Abducted Kagara Science College boys reportedly Released
- Breaking: In a Gestapo style, Ganduje’s aide, Salihu Tanko-Yakasai, arrested and moved to Abuja from Kano
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state