Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Suleiman Abba, CFR, NPOM, NPM, mni has once again commended Police personnel and other law enforcement agencies that participated in the policing of the just concluded Presidential and National Assembly elections for their unparalleled professionalism displayed during the exercise. The IGP believes that these virtues of selflessness and dedication to duty contributed in no small measure to the overall success of the widely acclaimed free and fair election.
The IGP is particularly pleased with the very high level of comportment, discipline, orderliness, patience and understanding exhibited by the citizens throughout the period of the elections. Of special interest to the IGP is the huge assistance extended to the Police and other law enforcement agencies by the citizens which made the election hitch-free.
The IGP however calls for a similar level of citizens’ cooperation and support for the Police and other relevant agencies in the forthcoming Gubernatorial and House of Assembly elections on 11th April, 2015. He enjoins citizens to remain calm, confident, hopeful and trusting in the ability of the Police and other relevant agencies to discharge their constitutional mandate of ensuring the safety of lives and property, and in protecting the democratic rights and freedoms of the citizens. He pledges the preparedness of the Force to consolidate and re-enact the last election security success story in other future elections.
Meanwhile, the Force has sternly warned all security details attached to political office holders to desist from accompanying their principals to polling booths and collation centres during the election. It noted that only Police personnel specifically assigned for election duties must be seen within and around the election designated places. The IGP also reiterated his earlier warning that no armed Police escort must be seen escorting politicians to the Polling units as such Policemen would be arrested and made to face stern disciplinary action.
Ag. CP EMMANUEL C. S. OJUKWU, psc
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,
- Laycon wins Big Brother Naija Season 5
- Convoy of Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum, was again attacked on Sunday
- Investigation: The Ex-Boko Haram Fighters, eluding detection, start a new life in Kaduna, Kano, and Abuja
- “We are saddened by this dastardly attack” – APC Governors on Babagana Zulum’s Convoy
- Increased tariff: Lai Mohammed says the previous administration created problem in power sector
- Fact Check: A website offers freebies for people to stay home, then invades users’ privacy
- In Kaduna, govt reportedly jettisons report because Zazzau kingmakers are allegedly ‘buying votes’
- Nigeria Labour Congress Insist on strike action
- House of Representatives has waded into the crisis between FG and NLC
- “This is hardly the time to raise taxes” – Vice President Yemi Osinbajo