Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Deji Abiodun
The PDP has decried what it called desperation on the part of the APC, despite its victory at the polls.
According to the party, the APC is trying so hard to sow seeds of discord within the ranks of PDP members through conventional and social media.
A statement from the campaign office in Abuja, said “We are very much aware that the reason for this latest round of unwarranted scheme by enemies of Nigeria is to sow the seed of discord and create acrimony between the president and one of his most reliable allies in particular, and in the PDP in general. But their plans have since failed”
Our attention has been drawn to a report titled “Fani-Kayode blasts Jonathan; says President is leaving legacy of ‘destruction and disaster’”, being circulated in the social media, and wish to put the records straight once and for all.
The statement being referred to was lifted from media reports of April 25, 2013 (two years ago), during the sojourn of Chief Femi Fani-Kayode in the All Progressives Congress (APC). The report does not, in any way, represent Chief Femi Fani-Kayode’s opinion of President Jonathan whom he holds in very high esteem, a fact that made the former Minister of Aviation work so vigorously for Mr President as Director, Media and Publicity of his campaign organization in the just concluded presidential election. The relentless efforts of Chief Fani-Kayode in the course of the campaigns have been acknowledged by Mr President as well as the generality of Nigerians. The cordial relationship that exists between them is exemplary and legendary.
We are very much aware that the reason for this latest round of unwarranted scheme by enemies of Nigeria is to sow the seed of discord and create acrimony between the president and one of his most reliable allies in particular, and in the PDP in general. But their plans have since failed!
We therefore call on all those who are behind this show of shame and advise them in the strongest terms possible, to desist from such acts of cowardice, wickedness, preposterousness and puerility as they blow no one any good wind. We also call on all patriotic and well-meaning Nigerians to ignore such reports and treat them as non-existent whether now or any other time in the future.
Mr President is our leader and Chief Femi Fani-Kayode holds him in very high esteem, accord him the respect he deserves and is very proud to be associated and to have worked for him. The relationship between these two great men remains cordial. No degree of campaign of calumny by misguided elements can change this very fact!
SA to Femi Fani-Kayode
- NCDC certifies Kwara for COVID-19 testing
- Magu-Gate: Meet Pastor Emmanuel Omale; Prophet named in alleged money laundering report
- More trouble in Ondo as workers threaten strike over unpaid salary arrears
- Parents, Teachers association to meet with FG over cancelled WAEC
- 356 soldiers in the North-East and other theatres of operations tender resignation letters, citing “loss of interest”
- No testing for Covid-19 in Cross River State on weekends – NMA complains
- Nigeria’s Kamaru Usman retains UFC Belt in dominant win over Masvidal
- Presidential Panel Names Pastor used by former acting EFCC Chairman, Ibrahim Magu in allegedly Laundering funds
- Interest in N550 billion recovered funds by the EFCC under Ibrahim Magu “has been re-looted” – Presidential Panel
- “Mr. Magu was not immune” – Presidency breaks silence on the detention of former EFCC acting Chairman