Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Musa Abdullahi
“I am for ever loyal to you and we are of the same family.” says Nigeria’s Vice President Namadi Sambo to President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday in Abuja.
Sambo commended Jonathan for his decision to accept the outcome of the election results. NewsWireNGR recalls the VP had boasted during a rally to deliver two million votes in his home state of Kaduna to Jonathan who was ousted by Muhammadu Buhari.
A Promise he failed to keep as the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP lost the state to the All Progressives Congress, APC; a political calculation that analyst have blamed Jonathan for risking to fly the party’s flag with Sambo of no electoral value.
Speaking when the Christian community in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) paid President Jonathan Easter homage at the the State House, Abuja on Sunday, Sambo noted that the decision has saved the country and made it the pride of Africa.
According to him, Jonathan’s name in the country will ever be in gold.
He said the President has groomed him in the past five years to PHD level while the same period would have been used by others in a conventional university to get Bsc. or Masters degree.
“I am proud to be your deputy. You are my brother and teacher forever. For the five years I have been with you, I have got PHD from you. ”
Noting that Easter Sunday is a special day of resurrection of Jesus Christ, Sambo prayed for God’s wisdom for the president in leading the nation.
- NFF cancels 2019/2020 league season
- Just In: Ibrahim Magu asks IGP for bail
- NEMA warns of flood in 102 local government areas in Nigeria
- “Nigeria’s crude oil production quota has been reduced” – Read Buhari’s complete speech at signing of revised 2020 Appropriation Bill
- Ondo Chief Justice rejects House of Assembly’s move to impeach deputy Governor
- Minister, Godswill Akpabio denies collecting N500m NDDC projects
- Kiki Osinbajo responds to allegations of N800m property ownership
- Breaking: APC Chairman resigns in Ondo, joins PDP
- Buhari appoints Mohammed Umar as acting chairman of the EFCC
- President Buhari signs revised N10.8trn 2020 budget into law