Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Musa Abdullahi & Agency Reporter
At least seven people were killed and 18 others seriously injured when a bus carrying wedding guests crashed into an armoured military vehicle in northeast Nigeria, an official said Saturday.
The accident occurred late Friday when the bus full of women and children returning from a wedding collided with the armoured military vehicle outside the town of Azare in Bauchi state.
“The bus driver lost control when one of the front tyres burst just outside Azare and collided with the armoured military vehicle coming from the opposite direction,” transport official Saidu Yusuf Funtua told AFP.
“We took seven dead bodies to hospital with 18 people injured in the accident. All the victims were from the bus,” he said.
Deadly accidents are common on Nigeria’s poorly-maintained roads, often caused by speeding, overloading or reckless driving.
- Buhari appoints First Lady’s biographer as Nigeria’s ambassador to UNESCO
- Lady rejects marriage proposal over insult to political father, Kwankwaso
- 24 hours after arrest, Okorocha remains in EFCC custody
- ‘It Is Not True’ Federal Government denies Obaseki’s allegation of printing N60Billion
- #SaabGate: Omojuwa accuses Ezekwesili of betrayal
- 2023: ‘The president should come from south-east’ says Osita Chidoka
- Just in: Colonel Ahmed Usman, former Military Administrator, is dead
- JAMB cancels email requirement for registration, announces new guidelines
- Zamfara First Lady appoints 20 Miyetti Allah members as special assistants
- ‘Some people want to incite war in the southeast’ David Umahi says