Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Musa Abdullahi & Agency Report
The Kano State Hisba Board said on Saturday that it received 243 received complaints from January to April 4.
The Public Relations Officer of the board, Malam Mohammed Yusuf, said this in Kano during an interview with NAN.
He said the complaints were received from the 44 Local Government Areas of the state.
Yusuf said most of the complaints ranged from matrimonial issues, alleged ‘false marriages’, disputes among neighbours, alcohol consumption, prostitution, homosexual, rape among others.
He said the Board was screening the cases, with a view to transferring referring them to relevant authorities for necessary action.
“While some of the complaints will be taken to court for proper action others will be resolved amicably out of court,’’ he told NAN.
Yusuf also said some people approached the board for various forms of assistance alleviate their economic situation.
He called on the public to cooperate with the board by giving it useful information on activities or gathering capable of breaching peace and laws of the land.
Yusuf also said the board had concluded arrangement to hold its Special Day, which is expected to attract no fewer than 10, 000 Hisba corps members, from the 44 Local Government Areas in Kano State.
He said Gov. Rabi’u Kwankwaso is expected to address participants during the occasion.
- Buhari’s Fuji house of commotion
- Abike Dabiri accuses Minister, Ali Pantami of driving her staff out of NCC property –
- Buhari “regime” is pursuing political annihilation of the South – group alleges
- Two new cases of coronavirus recorded in Enugu State
- Social distancing was not fully enforced during the Eid prayers in Kano
- Nigeria confirms 265 new cases of COVID-19, totalling 7,526
- In Borno State Governor Zulum Attends Eid Prayers While Social Distancing
- President Buhari Celebrates Eid-El-Fitr Privately Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Eid-el-Fitr: NSCDC Deploys 500 Officers In Yobe
- Kaduna State Healthcare Workers Begin 7-Day Warning Strike