Estimated Reading Time: <1
Reports indicate that members of the insurgent Boko Haram are currently attacking Kayamla village of Borno.
Kayamla is about 20km from Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, and the attack was ongoing at 2:10 p.m.
Although there is no word yet of the attack from the Defence Headquarters, but an official of the local vigilante, who reportedly called Civilian-JTF in Borno, Muhammed Gava, and confirmed the attack
“We just got a report from our vigilante members around Konduga local government area that Boko Haram terrorists were in Kayamla and we’ve just assembled a team of vigilante members and the Civilian-JTF who are about to storm Kayamla now,” he said.
Kayamla was last attacked by the Boko Haram in January last year.
This afternoon’s attack comes barely 24 hours after Boko Haram attacked a fishing community about 15km from Maiduguri.
Four fishermen were beheaded and dumped inside the river Alau, while five other fishermen were allegedly taken away by the insurgents, who were later killed by Civilian-JTF who trailed them to a Balle Village.
A top security source said 16 of the terrorists who partook in the killing of the fishermen were killed by members of the youth vigilante.
- MD of NDDC Says The Commission’s 2019 budget padded with over 500 fake projects
- Presidency deny reports of cancelled memo signed off by the late Abba Kyari
- Governors to meet over financial autonomy for judiciary & legislature
- Kaduna Govt extends lockdown by two weeks
- Lagos State Internal revenue service extends deadline for taxpayers
- Nigerian Airports to resume Operations – here’s what you need to know
- Nigerian children must be given all the necessary care – Gbajabiamila
- Governor Masari resumes lockdown in Katsina after Eid el-Fitr Celebration
- 28 COVID-19 testing centres now 28 across Nigeria, Katsina and Ogun get labs – NCDC
- Nigerian farmers likely to go out of business due to COVID-19 Pandemic