Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Musa Abdullahi
Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan had tried to get accredited with about four different card readers provided by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC which failed to accredit the Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Shortly after waiting for minutes, the President advised Nigerians to be patient with the process and wish the card readers aren’t failing Nigerians nationwide..
“What i want to know is that what is happening across the country” While he was waiting, the President puts a call through to the INEC Chairman, Professor Attahiru Jega to find out what is happening nationwide.
Jonathan unable to be accredited, confesses he sweated, urges urges all Nigerians to exercise patient. ” I want to use this opportunity to commend Nigerians and congratulate them for coming out to elect the next President, senators and House of Representatives”
“There maybe issues” he said, “But this is the first time we are using this technology of voters card and card readers, i just spoke with the INEC Chairman to know what is happening across the country, President Jonathan is just one voter so even if we have problems with my own card, as long as nationally the process is going on well” he said.
The President speaking to newsmen in Otuoke after his accreditation went on to say, “They may be a way to resolve the hitches but insisted that “my interest is for us to conduct a peaceful and credible elections and i believe that no matter the hitches”.
“Nigeria elections is an election that the whole world is interested in and my conviction is that the election should go on smoothly, i plead with Nigerians to be patient, see me sweating”.
“I encourage Nigerians to be Patient with INEC” he said..
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns
- Buhari should change service chiefs and consider new strategies to tackle insecurity – Wike
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children
- Bauchi State government to rehabilitate Tafawa Balewa’s tomb
- University of Ibadan announces resumption, says first semester of 2020/2021 will hold virtually
- Buhari’s pigeons refused to fly at armed forces remembrance celebration
- Inflation rate hits 15.75% in December– highest in 39 months
- Cheta Nwanze: Remembrance day, the Nigerian Army has a murderous reputation