Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Musa Abdullahi
Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan had tried to get accredited with about four different card readers provided by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC which failed to accredit the Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Shortly after waiting for minutes, the President advised Nigerians to be patient with the process and wish the card readers aren’t failing Nigerians nationwide..
“What i want to know is that what is happening across the country” While he was waiting, the President puts a call through to the INEC Chairman, Professor Attahiru Jega to find out what is happening nationwide.
Jonathan unable to be accredited, confesses he sweated, urges urges all Nigerians to exercise patient. ” I want to use this opportunity to commend Nigerians and congratulate them for coming out to elect the next President, senators and House of Representatives”
“There maybe issues” he said, “But this is the first time we are using this technology of voters card and card readers, i just spoke with the INEC Chairman to know what is happening across the country, President Jonathan is just one voter so even if we have problems with my own card, as long as nationally the process is going on well” he said.
The President speaking to newsmen in Otuoke after his accreditation went on to say, “They may be a way to resolve the hitches but insisted that “my interest is for us to conduct a peaceful and credible elections and i believe that no matter the hitches”.
“Nigeria elections is an election that the whole world is interested in and my conviction is that the election should go on smoothly, i plead with Nigerians to be patient, see me sweating”.
“I encourage Nigerians to be Patient with INEC” he said..
- Group condemns blasphemy death sentence by Kano sharia Court
- Foreign Affairs Minister, Geoffrey Onyeama recovers from COVID-19
- Osun-Osogbo festival 2020 has been cancelled
- Former Abia Governor, Theodore Orji denies ownership of properties investigated by EFCC
- FIRS, NIPOST fight ‘unnecessary and unhelpful’ says FIRS boss as Reps intervene
- DSS invites Obadiah Mailafia for alleging that Governors are sponsoring Boko Haram
- Protesters in Mali are demanding the President’s resignation
- Nigeria is expecting arms shipment from US, China, Jordan says Buhari
- Ondo Election: Sanwo-Olu heads APC campaign committee
- Insurgency: NAF to establish Base, deploy air assets in Gombe