Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Chris Nomjov
Following the defections, it suffered in Rivers and Taraba states withing the week; the All Progressive Congress (APC) is set for another setback as teen executive committee members of the opposition party in Adamawa State have defected to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party.
The group said they defected in order to render support to the PDP governorship candidate, Nuhu Ribadu. The defection was announced Tuesday at Adamawa PDP Secretariat by Padio Phineas, the publicity secretary of the APC.
Eight candidates are jostling for the Adamawa top job. They are Mohammed Bindow of the All Progressives Congress [APC], Nuhu Ribadu of the Peoples Democratic Party [PDP], Ahmad Modibbo of the Peoples Democratic Movement [PDM], and Marcus Gundiri of the Social Democratic Party [SDP].
The others are Amos Sunday of the Peoples Party of Nigeria [PPN], Na’ama Bulama of the Progressives Peoples Alliance [PPA], Abdulnasir Hamman of the Mega Progressives Peoples Party [MPPP], and Muhammad Malgwi of the National Conscience Party [NCP].
Mr. Ribadu is however considered the leading contender for the position although Messrs Bindow of APC, Modibbo of PDM and Gundiri of SDP are expected to give him a run for his money.
- 6 days after testing positive for COVID-19, Governor Akeredolu says he has recovered
- Federal Government is set to shut the Third Mainland Bridge for six months
- Journalists barred as Magu faces panel in Aso Rock while DSS denies arrest
- DSS has said it did not arrest Mr Ibrahim Magu, EFCC acting chairman
- Fredrick Nwabufo: EFCC’s Magu ‘arrested’: When the hunter becomes the bush meat
- Governor Ganduje of Kano has said that PDP is only interested in looting Edo State Treasury
- National Assembly to hold hearing on sexual and gender based violence in Nigeria
- Anti-Corruption activist; Hamzat Lawal declines NCF invitation
- Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, has been arrested by the Department of State Services.
- Kenya resumes international flight operations