Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Chris Nomjov
Following the First Lady’s repeated verbal attacks on her husband and most recently, on the North; wife of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Candidate, Aisha Buhari, has called on the Northern electorate not to vote back President Goodluck Jonathan.
Hajia Buhari cited the incessant bashings of the First Lady, and her recent portrayal of the North as an impoverished region. It would be recalled that during one of her many campaign speeches, Mrs. Jonathan allegedly described the region as an enclave of beggars and unwanted children.
Mrs. Buhari said the description coming from someone who ironically campaigns for votes in that region is an indication of a hidden agenda, adding that the people of the North should, therefore, reject the Peoples Democratic Party and its presidential candidate. While addressing women and other party faithful in Kano, Hajia Buhari deemed such remarks disrespectful and urged the people to instead vote in her husband, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (Rtd) of the APC.
Mrs. Buhari promised Kano women that her husband and the APC will be faithful to their electoral promises, and also will initiate programmes that will make women self-reliant.
“With General Buhari in power, the spate of kidnapping and reckless assassination of innocent people will be history in Nigeria. With General Buhari in power, the nation’s depressing economy will be rebounded in line with the expectation of the citizens and world best practices,” she said.
Mrs. Buhari said she was in Kano to canvass the support of women knowing their role as important pillars in winning election the world over, saying it would be a disaster for any politician to ignore the vital role of women.
She stressed the need for women to exhibit courage and fighting spirit, just as she urged them to make themselves available as foot soldiers during the election.
Mrs. Buhari advocated for more freedom for women in the North so that they would be able to engage themselves in productive enterprises like their counterparts in the Southern part of the country.
She commended the Kano State Government under the leadership of Rabiu Kwankwaso for its giant developmental strides, particularly in improving access to education.
Mrs. Buhari said Mr. Kwankwaso’s administration took children out of streets to schools.
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi
- In Lagos, Police vows to go after hoodlums and criminals in Lekki and Ajah areas
- Why Government must realize that digital currency is the future
- Breaking: APC pulls out of ongoing local government polls in Delta
- CBN Introduce incentives to diaspora remittances: Beneficiaries to get N5 for every USD received
- Breaking: In Kaduna, Gunmen storm Federal Airport Authority quarters, abduct staff, family members
- Buhari and Osinbajo get Vaccinated against COVID-19, when will poor Nigerians get theirs?
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo