Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Deji Abiodun
The First Lady of Nigeria, Dame Patience Jonathan, says the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will give 45% affirmative to women, if President Jonathan is re-elected.
Mrs Jonathan made the remark while speaking at the Women Presidential rally in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State capital.
The first lady said the Jonathan-led administration had fulfilled its promise of 35 per cent affirmative action for women and listed the administration’s empowerment scheme to include Youwin program.
She added that the only way to sustain the program was to re-elect President Jonathan.
Also at the rally, the Akwa Ibom State Governor, Godswill Akpabio, assured Mr Jonathan that the people of the State would give the President and all Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) candidates a minimum of 1.5 million votes in this year’s elections.
The wife of the Akwa Ibom State governor, Mrs Ekaette Unoma Akpabio, also assured the president’s wife and her entourage of total support to ensure overwhelming victory in the elections.
- Revised Budget: FG allocates 27.7 Billion to national assembly while health & education get over 40% cuts
- COVID-19: Nigerian scientists say they have developed a vaccine
- COVID-19 Update: Total infections rise To 10,819 as Nigeria records 241 new cases
- For allegedly confiscating N284.5m, Nasarawa State Assembly demands sack of SSG
- NCAA announce a number of airports where domestic flights will resume Operations in Nigeria
- Churches and Mosques remain closed in Lagos
- Again, blackout in Nigeria as national electricity grid collapse
- Nigerian senate raises crude oil benchmark to $28 per barrel
- Updated: Nigeria will work to ensure Adesina’s re-election – Buhari
- National Assembly approves Buhari’s $28.2 billion loan