Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Deji Abiodun
The First Lady of Nigeria, Dame Patience Jonathan, says the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will give 45% affirmative to women, if President Jonathan is re-elected.
Mrs Jonathan made the remark while speaking at the Women Presidential rally in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State capital.
The first lady said the Jonathan-led administration had fulfilled its promise of 35 per cent affirmative action for women and listed the administration’s empowerment scheme to include Youwin program.
She added that the only way to sustain the program was to re-elect President Jonathan.
Also at the rally, the Akwa Ibom State Governor, Godswill Akpabio, assured Mr Jonathan that the people of the State would give the President and all Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) candidates a minimum of 1.5 million votes in this year’s elections.
The wife of the Akwa Ibom State governor, Mrs Ekaette Unoma Akpabio, also assured the president’s wife and her entourage of total support to ensure overwhelming victory in the elections.
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid
- Rumours about Ebenezer Obey’s death are wicked and unfounded – Son
- People living with disabilities will be priotised in N-Power – FG
- Kano government to establish state anti-corruption institute
- Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State – dismisses appeal of the PDP for lacking in merit