Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Musa Abdullahi & Agency Reporter
President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday visited Adamawa State for the second time in two weeks. Mr. Jonathan arrived Yola, the state capital, at about 12p.m. and visited the Lamido of Adamawa, News Agency Of Nigeria reports.
Sources at the palace said “the president had a closed-door meeting with some traditional rulers in the Lamido’s palace for about hour before living for Adamawa State government house”.
At the government house, the president met with political and religious leaders in the state.
Mr. Jonathan was meeting with members of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, including Governor Bala Ngilari , his deputy, when this report was filed.
Also present at that meeting were the state PDP chairman, the PDP governorship candidate, Nuhu Ribadu, past and present National Assembly members.
Mr. Jonathan paid his first visit in years to Adamawa State, on February 26, when he visited Mubi, a town reclaimed recently by government troops from the insurgent group, Boko Haram.
Before the visit, the president had stayed away from Adamawa, Borno and Yobe, despite the three states being at the centre of a violent Boko Haram insurgency that killed thousands of residents and displaced many more.
During his first visit two weeks ago, the president, alongside Nigeria’s Chief of Defence staff and all the service chiefs and the Inspector General of police, met with the Emir of Mubi, Isa Ahamadu, and the people of the area.
He later travelled to Baga in Borno State, another town recaptured in February from Boko Haram.
- NDLEA arrests a trans-border drug trafficker with N1bn worth of cocaine in Sokoto
- Just In: Katsina orders reopening of boarding schools after Kankara abduction
- Salihu Tanko-Yakasai’s family petitions DSS
- COVID-19: Nigeria to get four million vaccine doses Tuesday
- APC Youths blame Salihu Tanko-Yakasai for his comments on Buhari – demand his release
- Chinedu Ekeke: Buhari regime, gasping for air, begging to breathe
- Correction: 317 kidnapped schoolgirls of Government Secondary School in Jangebe, Zamfara yet to be freed
- I will never accept and legalise same-sex marriage – Ghana President, Akufo-Addo
- Fans react as Davido is spotted holding hands with alleged new lover, Mya Yafai
- Why we arrested Salihu Tanko-Yakasai – DSS Reveals