Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Musa Abdullahi
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has debunked the myth being peddled by the PDP that Gen. Buhari will spend only one term in office if elected President, saying it is the creation of the PDP which is seeking to play a section of the country against another.
“The APC will not abridge the right of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari to spend the constitutionally-guaranteed two terms as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria if elected in the March 28th poll,” the party said in a statement issued in Lagos on Tuesday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed.
”No conditionality whatsoever was attached to Gen. Buhari’s candidacy. He won the party primaries fair and square in a globally-acclaimed transparent manner, and he was neither a compromise nor a consensus candidate, hence there is no need for him to make a deal with anyone.
”We are therefore telling Nigerians to disregard the tales by the moonlight which some PDP elements are yarning, in their desperation to muddle the waters ahead of the forthcoming elections and create disaffection between a section of the country and another,” it said.
APC said it had ignored the myth all long because it was being peddled by fringe elements in the PDP, but decided to put the record straight once and for all after those who were thought to be saner elements in the ruling party started parroting the same incredulous lies.
”This myth that Buhari will spend one term, after which power will return to the South-west, is along the same line as the outlandish claim that our Vice Presidential Candidate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, has sworn to an oath to resign in favour of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu once elected.
”The question to ask is: When will the PDP stop this campaign of calumny and character assassination against our candidates and leaders? When will they stop this one-day, one-lie nonsense?
”The truth is that Gen. Buhari’s candidacy has brought out the worst in the PDP leadership and supporters, including Mr. President and his wife. Unfortunately for them, the more they campaign against our candidate, the more popular he becomes. Perhaps the PDP would have stood a better chance of winning the forthcoming polls if its State Governors, in particular, have devoted as much time and energy to running their states as they have devoted to maligning Gen. Buhari,” the party said.
- We want justice for our son – Family of PHED official allegedly killed by NSCDC official in Bakassi
- Coronavirus is shocked by Nigerians’ nonchalance: Am I a Joke to You?
- COVID-19 Update: Nigeria confirms 389 new cases as total number rises to 12,233
- Governor Ganduje of Kano begs FG to stop migration of herdsmen into Northern Nigeria
- In Ekiti, no more bail or plea bargaining for rape offenders – Governor Fayemi
- Meet the 23 year old gender activist kicking down the patriarchy in Borno
- We must renounce our tribal identities; I’m Nigerian NOT Igbo
- 13-year-old girl drugged and gang-raped in Kaduna
- World Environment Day: environmentalists stress the importance of nature to humans
- Family of Uwaila Umozuwa, 22-year-old raped and murdered allege death threats