Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Chris Nomjov
Policemen in Ondo State, Saturday, disassociated themselves from the rumours that police officers are planning to embark on strike over poor welfare package.
The officers, who spoke at a briefing by the Commissioner of Police, Isaac Eke, also passed a vote of confidence on the Inspector General of Police, Suleiman Abba and Eke.
A statement by the spokesman, Wole Ogodo, on behalf of the Commissioner of Police, said the IGP’s determination to prioritise police officers’ welfare was sacrosanct.
The statement reads: “Reacting to the rumoured strike, the officers and men ranging from constable, corporal, sergeant and inspector ranks, declared that they were not part of the purported action.
“They pledged their support for IG Abba and Commissioner Eke, thereby committing to maintaining peace in the state.”
Leaders and members of the Market Women Association in Ondo State at the weekend expressed their support for the All Progressives Congress (APC) and its presidential candidate, Gen Muhammadu Buhari.
Over 1,000 market women trooped into the APC secretariat, Akure, where they assured the party leaders of their determination to mobilise their members to work for Buhari, his running mate, Osinbajo and all other candidates.
They hailed Osinbajo for coming to the popular Erekesan Market during his recent Town Hall meeting in Ondo town.
At the event were the candidate for Ondo Central Senatorial District, Chief Tayo Alasoadura and the House of Representatives candidate for Akure North/South, Afe Olowookere.
The traders were led by the former lawmaker representing Akure South 1 Constituency, Tayo Abidakun (Jaja).
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi
- In Lagos, Police vows to go after hoodlums and criminals in Lekki and Ajah areas
- Why Government must realize that digital currency is the future
- Breaking: APC pulls out of ongoing local government polls in Delta
- CBN Introduce incentives to diaspora remittances: Beneficiaries to get N5 for every USD received
- Breaking: In Kaduna, Gunmen storm Federal Airport Authority quarters, abduct staff, family members
- Buhari and Osinbajo get Vaccinated against COVID-19, when will poor Nigerians get theirs?
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo